Moving companies in India offer complete packing and relocation services and one can avail the packing and moving services to move household goods locally within the city or outside. But if you can get a head start and stay organized, you should make it through this mammoth process unscathed and ready to enjoy your new abode. Here are 21 tips to help you avoid moving day chaos.
1. Get organized early – Avoid leaving anything until the last minute. Unless you have to pack up and leave in a hurry, chances are you have between 30 and 60 days to make a plan and ensure that moving day runs smoothly. Create a countdown list and itemize everything you need to accomplish week by week. For shorter moves, you’ll either need to assemble some very nice friends with trucks or consider renting a truck for the day. If you have a big family to move or you’ll be moving a long distance, you’ll want to price out moving companies.
2. Pick the right Moving Company – If you are planning to move you must choose the right moving company to get your household moved safely. To choose a right moving company you have to follow certain procedures like searching online or referred by peoples based on their experiences. To get a right moving company you can follow and get multiple quotes to choose from and all you have to do is to take a decision after that. So if you got tons of quotations from movers you need check which one is giving you best rates, facilities and on time service commitment.
3. Put together a packing kit – If more than one person is packing, stay organized by establishing a system. Have blank inventory sheets prepared so one person can tackle each area or room. Arm each packer with a pen, black marker, and packing materials, like newspaper, a packing tape dispenser and boxes.
4. Inventory Management – This is especially necessary if you’re hiring a moving company. Having a record of your household items is useful if something goes missing. Consider keeping a spreadsheet of the contents of each box. Then, assign each box a number and all you have to do is write that number on each side (maybe with the appropriate room listed, as well).
5. Label everything – Label all sides of the box (avoid the top). Whoever is carrying in your boxes might not make sure all labels are facing one way for your easy retrieval. Try labeling each side in marker so you can easily find what you need in a stack.
6. Pack in things you need to pack – You need to take your luggage with you. Why not use it as a box? The same goes for dresser drawers. You may need to remove them for transport, but if you don’t have too far to go, they can be helpful for light items.
7. Be ready for your movers – Whether you have family or professional movers showing up at your door, be ready for them when they arrive. With a moving company, unless you hire packers, be ready and packed before the crew arrives. “Scrambling for boxes will delay your move and increase your cost.”
8. Protect your valuables – Find a safe place to store your valuables on moving day. Insure anything that’s valuable or breakable if you’re using a moving company. And if you’re moving a computer, do a quick backup of important files just in case something happens in transit.
9. Hook up essential services – Make sure you understand how utility bills (gas, water, electricity) will be transferred over to you from a previous owner. Also, arrange to have your phone line, cable and Internet working if necessary.
10. Treat your movers – Whether hired movers or friends and family, be sure to have food and drinks readily available for everyone. “On a hot summer day, your crew will appreciate a cold drink”.
Fore More Information Contact With Us